Getting Here Is Easy
At Banff Sunshine Village you'll feel a world away, without the hassle of complicated directions. Banff Sunshine Village is conveniently located just 135 km (80 miles) west of the Calgary International Airport and only 8 km (5 miles) west of Banff on the Trans-Canada Highway (#1).
The Banff Sunshine Village Gondola runs from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. Sunday through Thursday and from 8 A.M. to 10 P.M. on Fridays.
Calgary International Airport, your gateway to the Rockies.
Calgary International Airport
The Calgary International Airport in one of Canada's most connected airports. With YYC's new international terminal, flying in and out of Calgary has never been easier. The Calgary International Airport is served by non-stop flights from major cities throughout the world, including London, Amsterdam, Beijing, Mexico City, Frankfurt, Newark, Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Denver, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and many other North American and international airports.
To pick up your rental car, head to the Rental Car Center. It is located on the Departures level across the roadway from the main terminal building. It can also be accessed by the elevator lobby across the arrivals roadway. Our On-Airport Car Rental companies operate out of the Rental Car Centre.
Banff Shuttle Busses
From the Calgary International Airport you can hop on the Banff Airporter, The Brewster Bus, Or Banff Transportation to get to Banff. Visit the YYC website to learn more.
International Travel Times
- To Banff Sunshine Village from Calgary International Airport: Get on Deerfoot Trail/AB-2 N from Airport Rd NE and 96 Ave NE/Airport Trail NE W 9 min (4.8 km)
- Head west on Airport Rd NE
- 95 m Keep right to stay on Airport Rd NE 1.3 km
- Continue onto Barlow Trail NE N 600 m
- Turn left onto 96 Ave NE/Airport Trail NE W 1.9 km
- Use the right lane to merge onto Deerfoot Trail/AB-2 N via the ramp to Deerfoot Trail Take Trans-Canada Hwy/AB-1 W to Range Rd 130A in Improvement District No. 9. Take the exit toward Sunshine from Trans-Canada Hwy/AB-1 W 1 h 25 min (148 km)
- Merge onto Deerfoot Trail/AB-2 N 2.9 km Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 271 for Alberta 201 W/Stoney Trail 2.8 km Merge onto Stoney Trail NW/AB-201 W 21.8 km
- Take exit 36 for AB-1 W/Trans Canada Highway W toward 16 Avenue N/Banff 650 m
- Merge onto Trans-Canada Hwy/AB-1 W 119 km
- Take the exit toward Sunshine 1.0 km Drive to Sunshine Rd Continue on the Sunshine Access Road for 8.3 km
From Banff, Canmore and Calgary
- Head west on the Trans Canada Highway, and follow the signs to take the Sunshine Village exit. Continue on the Sunshine access road for 8.3 km.
Banff Sunshine Village offers daily bus service to and from Banff to Sunshine. The banff shuttle busses are free with a Sunshine Season pass and a tri area lift ticket.
Route 1: Busses pick up at each location every hour and 5 minutes. From 8:15 am till 11:20 Rocky Mountain Resort first pick up at 8:15 Transit stop across from Inns of Banff (located West side of Banff Ave.) first pick up at 8:20 Banff Caribou Lodge first pick up at 8:23 Delta Royal Canadian first pick up at 8:25 Lodge High Country Inn first pick up at 8:28 Ptarmigan Inn first pick up at 8:30 Brewster Bus Depot - (Lynx St.) first pick up at 8:30
Route 2: Busses pick up at each location every hour and 5 minutes. From 8:20 am till 11:25 Fairmont Banff Springs first pick up at 8:20 Town Parking Lot first pick up at 8:25 (located directly behind Mt. Royal Hotel) Banff Park Lodge first pick up at 8:30 Brewster Bus Depot first pick up at 8:35
Return Shuttles can be caught out front of the Creekside Lodge. They leave every hour and 15 minutes starting at 2:30 pm till 6:30 pm.
Banff and Banff Sunshine are easy to get to and explore without a car. To get to Banff from the Calgary International Airport, you can book a ticket on one of several transportation services. Choose from the Banff Airporter, The Brewster Bus, Or Banff Transportation for private service to Banff.
From Calgary or Canmore
Headed to Banff Sunshine Village from Calgary or Canmore? Book a seat on the Sunshine Coach. Reserve online here: http://www.sunshinecoach.com/reservations/
See who else is headed to Banff Sunshine for a ski day on the app Driving Anyways
ROAM Transit offers users public transportation throughout the Bow Valley. Routes offered within Banff and Canmore, as well as between the two towns. Click the link below for schedules, routes and more information.
Here For The Day.
Plan your perfect day at Sunshine Village. Where to ski or ride, where to eat, book lessons & rental equipment, and check the latest forecast and snow conditions.
Here To Stay.
Make the most of your stay at Banff Sunshine. The only ski-in, ski-out hotel in Banff National Park, the Verde Day Spa, mountain tours and more.