Sunshine Village is committed to providing opportunities for individuals with disabilities to experience skiing and snowboarding at a world-class mountain resort. Aiming to lessen financial barriers for participants and engaged coaches, instructors and volunteers through a CADS-Adaptive Pass program, Sunshine supports an environment where everyone can focus on being physically active within their abilities.
The Adaptive Pass (the “Pass”) is defined as a Banff Sunshine Village (the “Ski Area”) seasonal pass product available to individuals who meet the following criteria:
a. Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing (“CADS”) students and athletes,
b. CADS coaches, instructors, and employees,
c. CADS volunteers, and
d. Individuals with a recognized disability (e.g. cognitive, physical, sensory).
The Pass is only available in YOUTH or ADULT. The Pass cannot be combined with another pass type or incentive.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. CADS, as it is referred to above, includes CADS Calgary, CADS Edmonton, CADS Alberta, and CADS national (CAN) organizations.
2. CADS Students, athletes, coaches, instructors and employees must be able to present proof of an active membership.
3. CADS Volunteers must be able to present proof of an active membership and a letter from a CADS coach, instructor or employee substantiating the volunteers’ involvement with the organization (i.e. past demonstrated volunteer experience or program involvement). Volunteers will not be considered eligible for the Pass if they only hold a CADS membership and cannot demonstrate proof of volunteering.
4. Individuals under d. above with a recognized disability may be asked to present proof from their authorized health care professional.
5. Sunshine Village reserves the right to refuse sale of any CADS-Adaptive Passes, in their sole discretion.
6. Approved CADS-Adaptive passholders are not guaranteed reserve/disabled parking access. This parking is first-come, first-serve, and a certain number of spots are reserved for our partner organization, Rocky Mountain Adaptive Sports Centre.
7. CADS has developed training programs using adaptive techniques and specialized, adaptive ski equipment. Sunshine Village reserves the right to request proof of training or certification on this equipment from the pass holder if it is intended to be used at the Ski Area.
8. If at any time, a CADS-Adaptive pass holder does not comply with these terms and conditions, the Season Pass Waiver and Agreement, the Alpine Responsibility Code, or misuses this Pass program, the CADS-Adaptive Pass may be revoked for the remainder of the season.
ADAPTIVE PASS PICK-UP PROCEDURE
Prospective CADS-Adaptive Pass Holders must email Guest Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) a valid photo ID and supporting documentation prior to the Pass being approved and issued.
Pass Holders must also fill out a Season Pass waiver agreement prior to passes being issued – this can be done in advance HERE.