Sunshine Village Ski & Snowboard Resort has announced a series of promotions in its senior leadership team, aimed at further enhancing the exceptional guest experience that has made it world famous.
These organizational changes is to further enhance our industry leading customer service, and ensure our continued success as Western Canada’s premier ski and snowboard resort, said Ralph Scurfield, President and CEO.
Here is a summary of the changes:
- John Scurfield is promoted to Vice-Chairman and Senior Vice-President Sales, Marketing and Resort Operations. Mr. Scurfield has been with Sunshine Village for more than 25 years.
- Ken Derpak has been promoted to Senior Vice-President Planning, Development, Government and Regulatory Affairs. In this newly created critical role, Mr. Derpak will lead all aspects of short-term project development and long ranging planning discussions with Parks Canada. Mr. Derpak came to Sunshine Village from Whistler Blackcomb six years ago.
- Murray Howland is appointed Senior Vice-President Finance and Administration, responsible for accounting, human resources, ticket operations and technology. Mr. Howland joined Sunshine three years ago after a long career with one of Canada’s charter banks.
- Don Beaulieu advances to Vice-President Sales and Marketing. Mr. Beaulieu has been with Sunshine for 31 years in a variety of roles.
- Rod Chisholm assumes the role of Vice-President Mountain Operations and Maintenance. Mr. Chisholm, who has 26 years of experience with Sunshine, was previously Manager of Maintenance Operations.
- Doug Firby moves up to Director Communications, Media and Marketing. Previously he was Associate Director, and joined us three years ago after more than 30 years in the newspaper business.
- Jason Tamagi advances to Director Sales and Marketing. He was been with Sunshine five years.
- Bryan Gamble is promoted to Manager of the Information Technology department, after seven years at Sunshine.
- Also, joining us this year is Mark Bell, as hotel manager. He has years of experience in Banff in the hotel industry.
These new positions are in addition to other members of the senior management team: Orla Allen, Controller, and senior managers Stewart Laver, Director of Ski & Snowboard School and Ski & Snowboard Rentals and Tuning, Jennifer Cunningham, Human Resources Manager, Al Matheson, Mountain Manager, and Steve Novak, Aramark General Manager.